Student Government gives an introduction to the overall structure and function of the government and its processes. Working closely with other students and administrators gives USG members the opportunity to build strong, meaningful friendships and professional relationships.
There are many so opportunities to explore when you get involved with USG at UConn!
There are dozens of offices that come up for election in the two major election cycles for USG each year. Senate and Caucus each meets twice a month, with additional time commitments for various events hosted by USG. USG holds regular elections once a semester for a Residential and Class Senate seats.
The next USG Elections will happen in Fall 2019!
Governing Board Positions Click for Position Description
- Academic Affairs Chairperson
- External Affairs Chairperson
- Student Development Chairperson
- Student Services Chairperson
- Public Relations Director
- Chief of Staff to the President of the Student Body
- Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the Student Body
- Funding Staff Supervisor
- Operations and Risk Manager
- Elections and Outreach Director
Not interested in running for office? You can join one of our committees. Each committee focuses on a specific policy area central to a vibrant and diverse student body. Each committee meets once a week and focuses on USG’s specific missions or an aspect of student life.