The Office of Diversity is responsible for generating policy changes to empower, support, and amplify the voices of all communities at UConn. Led by the Chief Diversity Officer, the Office includes the DEI Manager, Title IX Coordinator, DEI Advocacy Coordinators, and the Diversity and Outreach Commission.
- Re-examine the bias reporting form
- Increase the recruitment and retention of BlPOC faculty members
- Support Cultural Centers, program offices, and organizations geared towards BIPOC students
- Increase accessibility at university events for communities that speak different languages
- Increase structural support for courses and research in race, gender, ethnicity, and indigeneity studies
- Distribute resources about campus services for sexual and reproductive healthcare
- Hold the Reproductive Rights Town Hall, the Fall Cultural Fair, and the DEI Town Hall in Fall 2022
In the past academic year (2021-2022), the Office of Diversity organized the following programs:
- The Black Leadership Town Hall
- The Cultural Fair
- The Environmental Justice Town Hall
If you would like to get involved with the Diversity Office, two great ways to do so is to run as a Multicultural and Diversity Senator for which there are seven open positions each year and to apply for a paid position on JobX. For more information, please use the contacts below.
Contact: Chief Diversity Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and DEI Manager at email@example.com